I had a bucket list here before. Whilst milling on a bus journey, I came to realise that surely a bucket list is futile, I’m in my 20’s! I decided to create a more focused list after securing a full-time job. It’s surprising how quickly days can seep by. I created this list in order to remember to stay true to what I love.
My 25 before 25 list
Reach the top of a minimum of 3 more mountains.
2. Give blood x10 times.
3. Be a vegetarian for the first time for at least a month.
Make an organic vegetable plot at home and grow something from scratch (Inspired by Raleigh International).
You can read more about the community vegetable plot project with Raleigh International here
Go to 25 countries before 25.
6. Sign up for a sporting event e.g. a adventure race, charity run or marathon.
Maintain and keep my travel blog up to date.
8. Fundraising £800.00 was hard. Whenever I see a JustGiving page on my NewsFeed, I will donate money to each friend to a minimum accumulative value of £100.00.
9. Teach myself something new.
10. Maintain going to the gym, with a target of going at least 9 – 10 times a month.
(Gym Attendance for 3 years so far – average of 8.8!)
11. Be able to lift my own body weight, whether it be through pull ups or monkey bars etc. – WORKING ON THIS!
Sleep under the stars (Microadventure).
Visit my dad in Phuket, Thailand.
14. Volunteer actively with St John Ambulance.
15. Go to a West-End Musical.
|My review of Memphis the Musical is available here|
16. Visit the Scottish Highlands
|To read about Ben Nevis, Via Ferrata and Edinburgh, see here|
17. Spontatenously treat a friend to lunch or dinner.
18. Go to a live concert.
No matter how tempting, don’t ever get a smart phone.
20. Get published in a magazine/online article about Travel.
|You can read my Glacier Trekking Article published by the Daily Telegraph here|
Do a long distance cycle.
Passau to Vienna – 300km!
|You can read more about my attempt to cycle the South Downs Way here|
Try an adrenaline activity that I haven’t done before.
23. Try a cuisine I’ve never eaten before.
24. Read something inspirational.
25. Do something touristy in London: I often forget it’s a wonderful city to live in!
I was 22¾ at the time of writing. The deadline for this list was 10th May 2016. My student-y travel days may be over and I do spend an awful lot of time at work, but let us always remember to make time for the things that matter. 22/25!!